It’s been quiet around here because I’ve been working to get good prints for my show at WAMA next year. The first batch of publicity images are due soon, so I’ve been printing a stack of blocks that I had carved, working to get crisp prints. That’s harder than I had hoped because I’ve really challenged myself to do some intricate and interesting blocks, and I’m also working larger (with my new press from last year) than I ever have. All of those factors make it trickier to keep the paper adhered really well to the block. It it moves at all, the image is blurred. Fortunately the Cardinals have been on a historically unprecedented run of good baseball, including several day games to keep me company while I work. It’s always good to have something happy to listen to. I also found a website where the Harry Potter books read by Stephen Fry (the English versions, and I adore Stephen Fry) are streamable.
I also found out that the dates for my show had changed, so I had to rework the exhibition print. I cut out the whole section with the old dates, carved new ones, and managed to plug them in, with a little mailing tape to hold it all together. That was a first for me, and it was nice to have it work. Here are a few sneak peeks into the process. I’ll be able to get really good scans of the finished prints once they dry.